If not now, then when?

Do you guys know the type? Are YOU the type? Yeah I'll start going back to the gym, but let me make sure I buy all of these supplements first and get some new gym gear, then I'll be ready. I'll go back and finish school, I'd just like a little bit more experience first. I can't start yet because I don't have this or that in order, just give me a few more months. Guys...90% of the time that's bullshit. The other 10% of the time it might make actual sense and It's necessary to wait. I don't want anyone going on some big time vacation when they actually do need to same some money first. The problem here is that so many of us come up with excuses to put things off until a later date and then we usually never start them anyway.
I was in a situation a couples years back where I was going to start taking online clients and coach them for power lifting meets. I decided that I was going to get a certification to help me get more experience and have that piece of paper. The course was like 6 months away and I was talking to my friend about the whole ordeal and telling her how I wasn't going to do anything until I was certified. She says "why wait, go ahead and start taking on clients now to see if you even like this lifestyle." I decided to take on my first job as an online coach/trainer that went on for 2-3 months. I need you guys to understand that this has been my dream since I first started working out in middle school. I learned rather quickly that I didn't like anything about it. I hated the idea of having to worry about workouts for someone else. I just about wasted 6 months sitting around waiting on that certification just to find out that I didn't want to do this for the rest of my life.
There's never going to be some big ass sign that falls in your lap that tells you now is the time to make a move. If you're sitting around waiting for more experience I don't think you're just going to wake up one day and feel like OK I think I have enough experience now. I think you're just afraid and feel like you aren't worthy of something bigger. I've applied for 2 different internal promotions within my organization that I'm sure everyone thought I didn't stand a change and wasn't qualified for. That wasn't going to stop me from trying. Did I get either of those jobs? I did not. I also wasn't afraid of a damn challenge. Some things you've just got to figure out along your journey and everything is going to play out as it should as long as you trust the process.
Let's stop pretending like there's some magic time for everything to fall in to place. Sometimes we just need to take action and take it now! Stop putting things off and making excuses because nothing is ever going to play out perfectly like you imagine.
I challenge you guys to really ask yourself these two questions, and I mean REALLY ask yourself "If not me, then who? If not now, then when?"
Believe that you can do it and go do it!

Comments

Popular Posts